Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

07 March 2013

1902 – St Columcille’s Church, Ballynahown, Co. Westmeath

Architect: William Hague Designed by William Hague but completed after his death by his younger partner T. F. McNamara. Tower and spire look to have been constructed over time, with different stone –...

26 January 2010

1902 – St. Peter’s Church, Phibsborough, Dublin

Architect: George Goldie / Ashlin & Coleman The chancel and transepts were erected, together with a great central tower by George Goldie in the early 1860s. But the construction of the tower proved...

11 February 2010

1902 – Sunlight Chambers, Parliament Street, Dublin

Architect: Edward Ould Designed as Dublin offices for Lord Lever (of Lever Brothers), by the Liverpool architect Edward Ould who also designed Port Sunlight. Built in a romantic Italianate style with its wide...

06 January 2010

1902 – The Century Bar, Dundalk, Co. Louth

A rare Art Nouveau public house still well maintained. Perhaps designed by a Belfast firm, it was built by a Terence McDonald whose initials form the centrepiece of the bar. The delightful turret...

13 August 2013

1902 – The Tubular & Suspension Bridges, The Gobbins, Co. Antrim

Architect: Berkeley Deane Wise Designed by railway architect Berkeley Deane Wise as a tourist attraction for his employers the Belfast and Northern Counties Railway Company. This scenic path included staircases along the cliffs,...

21 March 2014

1903 – First Trust Bank, Hill Street, Newry

Architect: Carroll & Batchelor Now a branch of First Trust, a subsidiary of AIB, but constructed for the Provincial Bank of Ireland, costing £3,912.

15 October 2014

1903 – Armagh & District Co-operative Society, Armagh

Architect: Henry C. Parkinson Fine commercial building on a corner site adjoining the Northern Bank – now demolished and replaced by a larger, modern building which attempts to replicate some elements of the...

06 November 2011

1903 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Roscommon

Architect: Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen / O’Callaghan & Webb Main body of church constructed between 1897 and 1903 by Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen. The tower and spire was added...

24 September 2009

1903 – Fiddes Todd & Curry Warehouse, Belfast

Architect: Henry Hobart Built as a linen warehouse for Fiddes Todd & Curry at Nos. 51-59 Adelaide Street. Five Storey red brick warehouse with dramatic roofline of pedimented dormers and corner chimney stacks,...


Skip to toolbar