Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

25 March 2012

1909 – Parochial House, Loup, Co. Derry

Architect: John V. Brennan

19 January 2010

1909 – Post Office, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: J. Howard Pentland A relatively unspectacular Post Office building on O’Connor Square, the building boasts this unusual doorway, probably to provide a modicum of shelter for the old ladies collecting their pensions

28 February 2013

1909 – Queen’s Theatre, Pearse St., Dublin

Architect: R.J. Stirling Now demolished, but built as a variety theatre in 1844, rebuilt in 1909, and later used by the Abbey Players after the Abbey Theatre was destroyed in a fire in...

08 April 2010

1909 – St Bricin’s Military Hospital, Arbour Hill, Dublin

Architect: Harry Meadows Founded as the George V Hospital and designed by the Royal Engineers of the British Army, St Brican’s is still in use as a military hospital by the Irish Army....

25 March 2011

1909 – Town Hall, Swinford, Co. Mayo

Architect: Joseph Cairns Simple, almost domestic townhall for Swinford. Reported in the Tuam Herald, “Mr. Cairns, C.E., has been entrusted with the preparation of plan and specification for a Town Hall in Swinford,...

17 September 2009

1910 – Bridge Gallery of Modern Art, Dublin

Architect: Horace T. O’Rourke Sketch design by the city architect Horace T. O’Rourke for a new gallery on a bridge in the River Liffey.

19 January 2010

1910 – Bridge House Hotel, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: T.F. McNamara Nicely sited on the bank of a small river, the Bridge House Hotel has an interesting shop front with nice early twentieth century detailing in the window frames and doors....

09 June 2010

1910 – British & Irish Steampacket Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son One of the few remaining older buildings on this quay, as most of the former industrial premises have been pulled down for redevelopment. Originally the offices of the...

02 July 2012

1910 – Carnegie Library & Technical School, Bangor, Co. Down

Architect: E.L. Woods One of the fine public librarys funded in part by Andrew Carnegie’s foundation, constructed started in 1909, with the building opened by Lord Londonderry in 1910. By 1919, 81 per...