Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

17 September 2009

1905 – New Northern Spinning & Weaving Company, Spinning Mill, Belfast

Architect: Samuel Stevenson Architects Large six storey mill at the junction of Craig Street and Falls Road. Constructed of brick with stone dressings for the New Northern Spinning & Weaving Company. Craig Street...

17 February 2010

1905 – No.112 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.M. Mitchell & Sons No.112 is the left hand site of the photograph, the retail unit at street level being a branch of Specsavers. A fine commercial premises with a quality stone...

20 May 2015

1905 – Northern Bank, Whitehead, Co. Antrim

Architect: Godfrey W. Ferguson Designed by Godfrey W. Ferguson who was architect to the Northern Banking Co. and designed many of its branch banks across the country. Included living accommodation for the branch...

06 November 2009

1905 – Oval Bar, Cork

Architect: Houston & Houston Designed by the architects Houston & Houston for Beamish & Crawford for who they had designed other buildings, this corner bar has traces of Art Nouveau placed over a...

24 September 2009

1905 – Presbyterian Assembly Buildings, Belfast

Architect: Young & Mackenzie The architect Robert Young received this commission after he organised a competition with a completely unrealistic budget. Naturally none of the competitors could comply with it, so he was...

11 June 2010

1905 – Ryan’s, Parkgate Street, Dublin

Still one of the finest Victorian bars in Dublin, Ryan’s listed interior has been shamefully abused over the last few years. The wonderful horseshoe central bar has been cropped for more floor space....

27 February 2014

1905 – Shannon Rowing Club, Limerick

Architect: William Clifford Smith An architectural competition held in 1902 resulted in a commission for a young English architect, William Clifford Smith to design the club. Completed in 1905 at a cost of...

09 June 2010

1905 – Sheehan Memorial, Burgh Quay, Dublin

Architect: W.P. O’Neill A memorial to a member of the Dublin Metropolitan Police who died near here while on duty. Just around the corner was the headquarters of the DMP. Incorporated a fountain....

09 March 2012

1905 – St. Joseph’s College, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary

Architect: William H. Beardwood New college buildings that were designed by the brother of the Abbot Dom Camillus Beardwood, Abbot of Mount St Joseph Abbey> Later bell tower by Jones and kelly from...


Skip to toolbar