Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

13 November 2009

1911 – Allied Irish Bank, Waterford

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks Fine early twentieth century bank building with a wonderful curving corner entranceway. Extended, 1922, comprising single-bay three-storey end bay to east taking away the symmetry of the design. This...

28 February 2013

1911 – Carnegie Library, Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Rudolph Maximilian Butler Built on land donated by Lord Powerscourt (8th Viscount), and funded by a grant of £600 from the Carnegie Trust. The design by Butler was similar to those constructed...

29 September 2009

1911 – Church, Killeevan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William A. Scott Simple single cell church set on a hillside with a plain rendered finish, heavily remodelled in 1910-11 by William A. Scott. The concrete and bell tower of 1919 by...

29 September 2009

1911 – Cottages, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan

Architect:George Kelly Fine row of cottages near the Church of Ireland. Some of the buildings have had their original paired windows at ground level replaced with ugly picture windows.

01 April 2010

1911 – Former Todd Burns, Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: C.B. Powell Like the larger store (now Pennys) across the street, this attractive piece of commercial architecture was built for Todd Burns. Now a facade to a shopping centre.

17 September 2009

1911 – Hick’s Tower, Dublin

Architect: Frederick G. Hicks

27 January 2010

1911 – Northumberland Hall, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Built as a meeting hall, this is an attractive Arts & Crafts building. Now containing offices of an architects firm – Moloney O’Beirne Architects.

18 February 2010

1911 – Nos.60-61 South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Edwin Bradbury A fine pair of commercial buildings with ornate upper stories. No. 61, on the right was rebuilt by Edwin Bradbury in 1911.

10 February 2010

1911 – The International Bar, Wicklow Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor