Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

27 January 2010

1911 – Northumberland Hall, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Built as a meeting hall, this is an attractive Arts & Crafts building. Now containing offices of an architects firm – Moloney O’Beirne Architects.

18 February 2010

1911 – Nos.60-61 South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Edwin Bradbury A fine pair of commercial buildings with ornate upper stories. No. 61, on the right was rebuilt by Edwin Bradbury in 1911.

10 February 2010

1911 – The International Bar, Wicklow Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor

11 February 2015

1911 – Thompson Graving Dock, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Redfern Kelly The dock was constructed by the Belfast Harbour Commissioners and opened in 1911. It was designed to accommodate the new White Star liners Olympic and Titanic. Massive in scale,...

03 June 2012

1911 – Village Hall and Club House, Adare, Co. Limerick

Architect: William Clifford Smith According to Jeremy Williams, “The original scheme for the hall survives as a drawing, a brilliant adaptation of Voysey’s idiom to a communal building by the English architect, Clifford...

06 November 2009

1912 – AIB, South Mall, Cork

Architect: Arthur & Henry H. Hill Distinctive and imposing bank building on a prominent site, in the main financial district of Cork. Built as a head office for the Munster and Leinster Bank,...

28 September 2009

1912 – Church of Ireland Diocesan Hall, Armagh

Architects: W. Jervais & Richard Orpen Built across the street from the main entrance to the Church of Ireland Cathedral, the Diocesan Hall is a neo-Elizabethan building from 1912. The interior features intersecting...

28 March 2015

1912 – Golf Club House, Foxrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Whymper The suburb of Foxrock was developed by William and John Bentley and Edward and Anthony Fox, who, in 1859, leased the lands of the Foxrock Estate from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners...

07 April 2010

1912 – Institute of Technology, Bolton Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy This palatial building in red brick and Mountcharles Sandstone was designed by the City Architect Charles J. McCarthy and was built between 1909-12. McCarthy was the son of leading Victorian...