Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

02 January 2013

1906 – St. Eunan’s College, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

Architect: T.F. McNamara Odd castle-like school by T.F. McNamara, who had recently completed Hague’s cathedral in the town, when he was cmomissioned. Four circular towers, some conical, some castellated, provide the school with...

22 October 2011

1906 – St. Mary`s Church, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Walter G. Doolin / Ashlin & Coleman Selected after an architectural competition to replace an earlier church of 1841. The foundation stone was laid in 1892, and the church was largely complete...

06 March 2013

1906 – St. Matthew’s Church, Ballymahon, Co. Longford

Architect: T.F. McNamara Designed by T.F. McNamara of Hague & McNamara, with the foundation stone laid in 1903. A cruciform plan with attached tower and spire. The interior has stained glass by Mayer...

19 March 2014

1906 – Suir Railway Bridge, Waterford, Co. Waterford

Architect: Sir Benjamin Baker Dismantled railway bridge crossing the Suir outside Waterford, between counties Waterford and Kilkenny. Built in 1906 on the Mallow/Waterford line with 9 spans, for a total 1205 ft in...

31 December 2009

1906 – Templetown Church, Co. Wexford

Architect: Michael Power Templetown has received its name from the Kinights Templar, a brotherhood of monastic warriors originating during the crusades in the Holy Land. When the Anglo-Normans under Strongbow added Ireland to...

27 May 2013

1907 – Bohemian Bar, Doyle’s Corner, Phibsborough, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor George L. O’Connor was the architect responsible for rebuilding of the licensed premises for John Doyle, grocer and wine merchant. Finished in Milverton limestone, Kingscourt facing brick and terracotta,...

24 September 2009

1907 – College of Technology, Belfast

Architect: Samuel Stevenson Architects A monumental building with a triumphant Ionic order and smaller version of the City Hall corner towers.

22 March 2012

1907 – Former Bank, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Branch bank for the former National Bank, later part of the Bank of Ireland. Later extended in the early 1920s in the same vaguely Tudor style.

17 March 2013

1907 – Gaelscoil, Bridge St., Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: Joseph P. O’Malley Former Limerick city courthouse that was extended to designs by Joseph P. O’Malley in 1907 by adding a second floor to provide four new classrooms. The original building of...


Skip to toolbar