Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

08 April 2010

1909 – St Bricin’s Military Hospital, Arbour Hill, Dublin

Architect: Harry Meadows Founded as the George V Hospital and designed by the Royal Engineers of the British Army, St Brican’s is still in use as a military hospital by the Irish Army....

25 March 2011

1909 – Town Hall, Swinford, Co. Mayo

Architect: Joseph Cairns Simple, almost domestic townhall for Swinford. Reported in the Tuam Herald, “Mr. Cairns, C.E., has been entrusted with the preparation of plan and specification for a Town Hall in Swinford,...

17 September 2009

1910 – Bridge Gallery of Modern Art, Dublin

Architect: Horace T. O’Rourke Sketch design by the city architect Horace T. O’Rourke for a new gallery on a bridge in the River Liffey.

19 January 2010

1910 – Bridge House Hotel, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: T.F. McNamara Nicely sited on the bank of a small river, the Bridge House Hotel has an interesting shop front with nice early twentieth century detailing in the window frames and doors....

09 June 2010

1910 – British & Irish Steampacket Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son One of the few remaining older buildings on this quay, as most of the former industrial premises have been pulled down for redevelopment. Originally the offices of the...

02 July 2012

1910 – Carnegie Library & Technical School, Bangor, Co. Down

Architect: E.L. Woods One of the fine public librarys funded in part by Andrew Carnegie’s foundation, constructed started in 1909, with the building opened by Lord Londonderry in 1910. By 1919, 81 per...

28 January 2010

1910 – Carnegie Library, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Architect: Anthony Scott & William Scott A fine little library originally endowed by Andrew Carnegie, and the result of an architectural competition in 1908. Designed by the father and son firm, the main...

22 April 2007

1910 – Former Williams & Woods Warehouse, Kings Inns Street, Dublin

Architect: A large concrete frame warehouse with a overscaled cornice and rustication. Original signage on an angled corner facing down towards Parnell Street. Originally a warehouse for a sweet manufacturer, and recently used...

08 January 2010

1910 – John’s Bridge, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Alexander Burden John’s Bridge, which connects John’s Street with the rest of the city, was originally built after 1200 and was destroyed by the great floods of 1487 and 1763 and subsequently...


Skip to toolbar