Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

11 February 2010

1906 – Former Fire Station, Tara Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Designed by the City Architect C.J. McCarthy as one of a series of fire stations around the city. The others included Thomas Street, Dorset Street, & Buckingham Street. None are...

06 January 2010

1906 – Market House, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Unusual market house from the early twentieth century in a curious hybrid of styles. Shown prior to its conversion to a library by deBlacam & Meagher Architects.

12 January 2016

1906 – Mayfair Building, Nos. 5-11 Arthur Square, Belfast

Architect: Blackwood & Jury A fine four storey red brick building with sandstone detailing including banded quoins and an interesting corner treatment. Constructed as a commercial building, with office accommodation on the upper...

05 February 2010

1906 – No.40 Ormond Quay, Dublin

Architect: William F. Higginbotham Striking former warehouse building designed as a sales and auction house now in use as the Winding Stair bookshop and cafe. The scale of the building is much larger...

18 February 2010

1906 – Nos. 48-50 South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: H.J. Lundy A very fine commercial building with ornate shopfront intact as well a nice window details on the upper stories. Notice, the graduation from flatheaded window to round-headed window as you...

04 March 2015

1906 – Orange Hall, Scarva, Co. Down

Architect: Hobart & Heron Large Orange Hall designed by Henry Hobart of Hobart & Heron, and constructed in 1906.

12 March 2014

1906 – Pier & Public Baths, Warrenpoint, Co. Down

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Public baths and pier still largely intact but derelict after being closed in recent years. The pier was elevated over the swimming areas which were separated into men and...

06 January 2016

1906 – Proposal for Carnegie Library, Derry

Architect: M.A. Robinson Unbuilt proposal for a new Carnegie Library in the Diamond on the site of the former Townhall which had been destroyed in a fire.

17 February 2010

1906 – RIAC, Dawson Street, Dublin

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks Built in 1906 with further extension work in 1911 by the same architects.