Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

05 November 2009

1925 – Brown Thomas, St. Patrick’s Street, Cork

Architect: Henry H. Hill Built in the 1920s to the design of architect Henry H. Hill, this building replaced an earlier department store on the site which was burnt in 1920 along with...

01 April 2014

1925 – Engine Roundhouse, Portadown, Co. Armagh

Architect: F.A. Champion One of two roundhouses to the same design on the Great Northern Railway system – the other at Clones still stands today. Built in 1925 out of reinforced concrete, its...

26 April 2010

1925 – Former DUTC Depot, Marlborough Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick F. O’Sullivan Former depot belonging to the Dublin United Tramways Company and now in use by Dublin Bus.

13 November 2009

1925 – Former Munster & Leinster Bank, Waterford

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon One of the finer bank branches in Waterford and now sadly no longer used as such. A series of bank mergers in the mid to late twentieth century meant...

02 February 2010

1925 – Former Regal Cinema, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara Like many Dublin suburbs, Ringsend had its own cinema. Unfortunately like many, it closed due to declining attendences. A relatively simple facade, the minimum of architectural detail is used to...

07 April 2010

1925 – No.23 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Rebuilt in 1925 for a seeds merchant Sir J.W. Mackay whose store was destroyed during a bombardment of the nearby Gresham Hotel in the Civil War in 1922....

26 April 2012

1925 – Nos. 4-5 Trinity Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick J.F. Munden Fine early twentieth century commerical building in brick with stone trimming.

07 April 2010

1925 – Nos. 9-11 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Plain granite finished building whose sole decorative feature is the corner to Cathedral Street and a rather clumsy balcony.

06 January 2010

1925 – St. Michael’s Hall, Carlingford, Co. Louth

Small parish hall whose architectural detail is a simple stripped Italianate classicism executed in render.