Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

09 June 2010

1910 – British & Irish Steampacket Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son One of the few remaining older buildings on this quay, as most of the former industrial premises have been pulled down for redevelopment. Originally the offices of the...

02 July 2012

1910 – Carnegie Library & Technical School, Bangor, Co. Down

Architect: E.L. Woods One of the fine public librarys funded in part by Andrew Carnegie’s foundation, constructed started in 1909, with the building opened by Lord Londonderry in 1910. By 1919, 81 per...

28 January 2010

1910 – Carnegie Library, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Architect: Anthony Scott & William Scott A fine little library originally endowed by Andrew Carnegie, and the result of an architectural competition in 1908. Designed by the father and son firm, the main...

22 April 2007

1910 – Former Williams & Woods Warehouse, Kings Inns Street, Dublin

Architect: A large concrete frame warehouse with a overscaled cornice and rustication. Original signage on an angled corner facing down towards Parnell Street. Originally a warehouse for a sweet manufacturer, and recently used...

08 January 2010

1910 – John’s Bridge, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Alexander Burden John’s Bridge, which connects John’s Street with the rest of the city, was originally built after 1200 and was destroyed by the great floods of 1487 and 1763 and subsequently...

07 April 2010

1910 – Parnell Monument, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Henry Bacon, G.P. Sheridan, Augustus Saint Gaudens A long drawn out project, the Parnell Monument was designed by Dublin-born American sculptor Augustus Saint Gaudens with the assistance of two architects – Henry...

17 September 2009

1910 – Queen’s University, Belfast

Architect: Henry Tanner Second placed scheme for buildings adjacent to the Lanyon Building of Queen’s.

19 March 2014

1910 – Tassagh Viaduct, Keady, Co. Armagh

Architect: Sir Benjamin Baker 11-arched viaduct in masonry and concrete for the Castleblayney, Keady & Armagh Railway Co., constructed in 1910 to provide a link between Armagh and the County Monaghan town of...

28 September 2009

1910 – Townhall, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Scott Later head of architecture at University College Dublin, W.A. Scott was responsible for some of the more innovative buildings in Ireland during the early part of the twentieth century. His...