Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

09 August 2013

1908 – Former Post Office, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: Robert Cochrane Former Post Office, constructed around 1908. Closed in the 1980s, it lay vacant for many years before being restored and converted to the public library. Designed by Robert Cochrane of...

15 January 2014

1908 – Malborough Hall, Mobhi Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Constructed in 1908, and extended in 1911 and 1919, it was built as a teacher training college, and later a residence for male students. Tt has been used by several...

03 May 2009

1908 – Nos. 16-17 Halston St., Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Offices, originally built for Carton Bros., poultry, game, egg, butter and cheese agents.

21 February 2010

1908 – O’Neill’s Bar, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Sheridan One of Dublin’s landmark public houses, O’Neill’s is sited on the narrow side Church Street and the more important Suffolk Street opposite St Andrews church. An ebullient Victorian structure with...

21 September 2015

1908 – Presbyterian Church, Stranorlar, Co. Donegal

Architect: John McIntyre Constructed in 1905-08 to replace an earlier thatched-roof church building. The centenary of the present meetinghouse was celebrated by the congregation in April 2006, but the church wasn’t fully finished...

23 March 2011

1908 – Queen Victoria Statue, Leinster House, Dublin

Sculptor John Hughes Architect Thomas Manly Deane A sculptural ensemble dedicated to the memory of the recently deceased Queen Victoria. The queen sat atop the monument, a massive 15th foot tall; lower down...

26 April 2013

1908 – St. Agatha’s, North William St., Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son The foundation stone of the church was laid on Sunday April 25th 1880 and the church was finally completed and blessed by the Archbishop of Dublin William Joseph...

10 June 2014

1908 – Swimming Baths, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Originally opened in 1842 and rebuilt by the town council in 1908. In 1843, John Croswaithe built baths on the corner of Scotsman’s Bay. Originally known as the Royal...

06 January 2010

1909 – Bank of Ireland, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Architect: J.P. Wren A wonderfully eccentric design for the Hibernian Bank which mixes a myriad of architectural features. The small tower with corner window and copper dome is the entrance to the manager’s...