Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

02 July 2015

1917 – Competition Entry for NUI Senate House, Dublin

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks Unsuccessful entry for the National University’s proposed Headquarters at the corner of Merrion Square, Upper Mount Street and Fitzwilliam Street. The City Architect C.J. McCarthy was the assessor of...

30 September 2009

1917 – Former Bone Hospital, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: John Harrison Wilson Tucked away in a corner of the St Davnet’s Hospital grounds is the former Bone Hospital. Built overlooking the town, the building features large canopied terraces for the patients...

08 April 2010

1917 – Manfield Chambers, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks On the corner of O’Connell Street and Middle Abbey Street, Manfield Chambers is a commercial premises with a branch of Clarks on the ground level and various offices above....

07 April 2010

1917 – No.3 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Francis Bergin Supposedly built with girders salvaged from the wreck of the GPO, No.3 is part of a cohesive terrace of red brick buildings with a continuous cornice. Notable for its large...

30 June 2015

1917 – Proposal for NUI Senate House, Mount & Fitzwilliam Streets, Dublin

Architect: W.G. Clayton & Keatinge A series of illustrations for the National University’s proposed Headquarters at the corner of Merrion Square, Upper Mount Street and Fitzwilliam Street. Designed to contain Administrative Offices and...

04 July 2015

1917 – St. Cartha’s Church, Kilcar, Co. Donegal

Architect: Rudolph Maximilian Butler Published in The Builder, January 5 1917.

08 April 2010

1917 – The Oval, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: L.A. McDonnell A well known Dublin bar, the Oval has been refurbished inside, but the exterior remains intact. An unusual façade at street level is topped by a two storey bay window....

06 November 2009

1918 – Counting House, Beamish & Crawford Brewery, Cork

Architect: Houston & Houston There was a brewery on this site as far back as the 17th century and before that a monastery. William Beamish and William Crawford acquired the brewery in 1791...

08 April 2010

1919 – Easons, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: T.J. Ruthven Destroyed in the 1916 Rising, this is the Abbey Street façade of their O’Connell Street store. An austere stone finish with shallow relief decoration masks a steel structure.


Skip to toolbar