Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings of Ireland

20 January 2010

1966 – Hume House, Northumberland Road, Dublin

Architect: Lardner & Associates Hume House is named after its developers, a UK based body called Hume Holdings. Originally the seven floors of office space were placed on columns but during a makeover...

25 September 2012

1966 – Office Scheme for Baggot St., Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott and Partners Original speculative scheme for an office development on Lower Baggot St. in Dublin. After the site was cleared and existing residents evicted, with paltry compensation, the developers Hummingbird...

21 March 2014

1966 – St. Joseph’s Church, Ballyjamesduff, Co. Cavan

Architect: Philip Cullivan Built to replace an older church erected in 1834. A central part of the design was to allow natural light throughout the church. Four sources of light are arranged, one...

11 August 2013

1966 – Stillorgan Shopping Centre, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin

Architect:John Costello & Associates Opened in 1966 as Ireland’s first shopping centre. Essentially an open air private streetscape with covered walkways, the complex is still quite as designed, with more recent shop facades...

08 February 2010

1967 – Berkeley Library, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Ahrends Burton Koralek Named after Bishop George Berkeley (1687-1753), this building caused quite a stir when built inside Trinity’s grounds next to Burgh’s Library building. In accordance with Le Corbusier’s belief that...

20 January 2010

1967 – Carrisbrook House, Northumberland Road, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon Grim office block on an important corner site in Ballsbridge, Carrisbrook House was built on the site of a large Victorian house. The building has an unique hexagonal plan...

20 January 2010

1967 – Lansdowne House, Northumberland Road, Dublin

Architect: Brian Hogan A massive development on the site of some large Victorian houses, Lansdowne House was the first headquaters of AIB in 1967. Nine storeys and 102 feet in height it is...

16 February 2010

1967 – Norwich Union, Nassau Street, Dublin

Architect: Lardner & Partners One of three office blocks built along here by Norwich Union in the 1960s destroying a collection of varied Victorian commercial buildings in the process.

30 December 2009

1967 – Our Lady Queen of Ireland Basilica, Knock, Mayo

Architect: Daithi Hanly Famous for designing structures by the acre, Daithi Hanly was formally the Dublin City architect. At Knock he designed this large basilica that can accommodate 10,000.