Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Belfast

22 October 2014

1883 – Grattan & Co., Great Victoria St., Belfast

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A new premises for “Grattan’s Aerated Water Manufactory”. Published in The Irish Builder, October 1, 1883.

17 September 2009

1883 – Mineral Water Manufactory, William Street South, Belfast

Architect: Robert Watt Former Ross’s mineral water factory, Belfast Using its own artesian well, Ross’s produced mineral waters at William Street South for almost 100 years until the mid 1970’s. The premises lay...

04 March 2014

1884 – Forster Green & Co., Royal Avenue, Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson Now known as Eagle Chambers, a three-storey stucco building with curved facade into North Street. Originally an extension of Forster Green’s four-storey ‘Golden Eagle’ premises in North Street. Forster Green...

12 May 2014

1884 – Leonard Wine Merchants, Antrim Rd., Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: E.J. Byrne `The new premises, the subject of our illustration, are now being erected from the design of Mr. E.J. Byrne, architect, of 4 Waring-street Belfast, for Mr. Patrick Leonard, wine merchant....

29 January 2014

1884 – Royal Avenue Hotel, Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson Constructed between 1882 and 1884, designed by architect Thomas Jackson in the Italianate style – a four-storey building with round headed dormers and a rounded corner to Rosemary Street. It...

08 April 2011

1884 – Ulster Reform Club, Royal Avenue, Belfast

Architect: Maxwell & Tuke In 1880, a a group of Ulster Liberals debated whether the cause of the Liberal Party should be advanced by formation of a Club in Belfast similar to the...

14 October 2015

1885 – Drew Memorial Church, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Batt Unbuilt plans for the extension of existing church, constructed in 1870, and the addition of a school. The building originally started life as a school but due to demand for...

12 August 2015

1885 – Fortwilliam Park Presbyterian Church, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Henry Chappell In June 1880, architects were invited to submit plans in a competition with prizes of £30 for the winner and £10 for the runner up. The plan was for a...

15 July 2014

1885 – Orange Hall, Clifton St., Belfast

Architect: William Batt The Hall was opened on January 27th, 1885. To mark the bi-centenary of the “Glorious Revolution” of 1688 an equestrian bronze statue, by Henry Hems of Exeter,city coat of arms...