Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Belfast

17 October 2013

1898 – Belfast Boat Club, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Vincent Craig Former home of the Belfast Boat Club, which was deemed state of the art in its day was opened on the 12th September 1897 was blown up in ‘the troubles’...

25 March 2015

1898 – Competition design for Belfast City Hall

Architect: James Miller Premiated entry in competition for new city hall for Belfast. The design by Sir Brumwell Thomas was selected and completed in 1906. James Miller was a Glasgow-based architect.

06 February 2014

1898 – Midland Hotel, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Berkeley Deane Wise Built in Belfast as part of the York Road station reconstruction with the intention of capturing trade from long distance travellers as it was convenient to the cross-channel steamer...

09 January 2014

1898 – Shankill Road Mission, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Roome Large amphitheatre to seat about 2,000, medical mission , soup kitchen, with four shops fronting road. Closed in 2009, the mission originally started in a large tent in 1869 and...

24 September 2009

1898 – The Crown Liquor Saloon, Belfast

Architects: E. & J. Byrne The Crown Liquor Saloon in Great Victoria Street, Belfast is one of Victorian gin palaces which once flourished in the industrial cities of Britain. Today wonderfully preserved and...

12 February 2014

1898 – Uncompleted Design for St. Ann’s Cathedral, Belfast

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Design for St. Ann’s Church of Ireland Cathedral in Belfast by Sir Thomas Drew. Drew’s second scheme, the first being Gothic. This forms the basis of the current cathedral...

24 September 2009

1900 – Bank Buildings, Royal Avenue, Belfast

Architect: W.H. Lynn A large cast iron structure clad in red Dumfries stone, this is one of the most impressive of the Belfast commercial buildings of the turn of the century. Designed by...

02 June 2011

1900 – Harland & Wolff Drawing Office, Belfast, Co. Antrim

With a long sandstone elevation to the street, this three-storey office block was built in stages between 1900-1919. The building was the administration and drawing office centre for the Harland & Wolff shipyard....

06 January 2012

1900 – Holy Cross Church, Crumlin Rd., Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: W.G. Doolin Published in The Irish Builder, December 1 1900.