Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Armagh

28 September 2009

1890s – Former Bank, Russell St., Armagh, Co Armagh

Former Hibernian Bank building typical of many built in Irish towns in the 19th century with a ground floor banking hall with accommodation for the branch manager and his family above. Austere plain...

28 September 2009

1896 – First Trust Bank, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: Watt & Tulloch In comparison to earlier bank buildings, this First Trust branch (AIB in the Republic of Ireland) is relatively modest

02 April 2014

1897 – Railway Station, Lurgan, Co. Armagh

Architect: William H. Mills Originally opened in 1845 for the Ulster Railway Company, but rebuilt in the Great Northern Railway house-style in the late 1890s. William H. Mills was the Chief engineer of...

28 September 2009

18th C – Bank of Ireland, Upper English St., Armagh, Co. Armagh

A recently refurbished house typical of many built in this area of the city centre by successive Archbishops improving the city. Originally a townhouse, and later a hotel, this has been converted to...

03 July 2015

18th C – Grace Hall, Dollingstown, Co. Armagh

Late 18th or early 19th century attractive house with large curved bays on the main facade. During the Second World War this building was used as Billets by 183 Company of the Royal...

28 September 2009

18th C. – Market Square Houses, Armagh, Co. Armagh

A restored terrace of houses overlooking the Market Square dating from the 18th century.

15 October 2014

1903 – Armagh & District Co-operative Society, Armagh

Architect: Henry C. Parkinson Fine commercial building on a corner site adjoining the Northern Bank – now demolished and replaced by a larger, modern building which attempts to replicate some elements of the...

19 March 2014

1910 – Tassagh Viaduct, Keady, Co. Armagh

Architect: Sir Benjamin Baker 11-arched viaduct in masonry and concrete for the Castleblayney, Keady & Armagh Railway Co., constructed in 1910 to provide a link between Armagh and the County Monaghan town of...

28 September 2009

1912 – Church of Ireland Diocesan Hall, Armagh

Architects: W. Jervais & Richard Orpen Built across the street from the main entrance to the Church of Ireland Cathedral, the Diocesan Hall is a neo-Elizabethan building from 1912. The interior features intersecting...