Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Fermanagh

30 November 2012

1619 – Castle Caldwell, Co. Fermanagh

Castle Caldwell was built between 1612 and 1619, during the time of the Plantation of Ulster, by the Blennerhassetts, in classic Planter style; a bawn with 2 semi-circular projecting flanker towers and a...

25 September 2009

1764 – Florence Court, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Florence Court is romantically named after the wife of Sir John Cole who first built a house on the spectacular site in the early 18th century. The present Palladian style house was probably...

16 September 2012

1773 – Castle Archdale, Co. Fermanagh

The house was built by Colonel Mervyn Archdale in 1773 on the shores of Lower Lough Erne, to replace a Plantation castle of 1615. It had three storeys over a basement; a six...

25 September 2009

1798 – Castle Coole, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: James Wyatt Castle Coole was constructed between 1789-1798 as the summer retreat of Armar Lowry-Corry, the 1st Earl of Belmore. Lord Belmore was the Member of Parliament for County Tyrone in the...

25 September 2009

1822 – Courthouse, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: William Farrell Originally built around 1785, the courthouse was largely rebuilt in 1820-21 by William Farrell. The prominent and rather heavy Doric porch was added at this time. Unlike many other Irish...

06 March 2015

1839 – Market House, Ederney, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: William Deane Butler Originally constructed as a market house circa 1839 and converted into a townhall in 1889. It’s a substantial building for a small town, with fine stone walls and central...

25 September 2009

1840 – Church of Ireland Cathedral, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: William Farrell When designing the Cathedral, William Farrell kept the tower of the earlier Plantation church, but built the new church off-axis, leaving the tower to stand to oneside of the wide...

18 November 2013

1840 – Magheramena Castle, Belleek, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: John B. Keane Constructed between 1835 and 1840, with the design exhibited at the RHA in 1840. In the Tudor-Gothic style, it was of two storeys, with irregular facades, polygonal turrets and...

27 November 2012

1840s – Innismore Hall, Derrybrusk, Co. Fermanagh

A smaller country house from the mid 1840s. A distinctive design with a curved bow end elevation and a bowed portico to the front. Demolished in the 1950s, but the four large Corinthian...

Pages:123Next »

Skip to toolbar