Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Ulster

28 September 2009

1827 – Charlemont Place, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray Alongside the Mall, where there are several fine terraces of house, Charlemont Place stands out. Set back from the streetline of the other houses, Charlemont Place is large terrace of...

29 September 2009

1827 – Lough Fea, Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Thomas Rickman Designed for the Shirley family by the historian Thomas Rickman and which is his only Irish commission, Lough Fea was built in 1827. Lough Fea is unusal in that it...

13 February 2015

1827 – Meetinghouse, Fisherwick Place, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Thomas Duff Opened 20 Sep 1827. Demolished to make way for Presbyterian Assembly building. Described in The Dublin Penny Journal, Views in Belfast (1833), as “Erected in the year 1827-28, is built...

25 March 2014

1827 – Presbyterian Church, Ballykelly, Co. Derry

Architect: Richard Suter Constructed by the Fishmongers Company London who owned the land around Ballykelly for the local populace after they discovered the poor condition of the existing church. Richard Suter was Surveyor...

28 September 2009

1827 – Shambles Market, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: Francis Johnston Market yards designed for the sale of hay, animals and other agricultural products, the clocktower and wall along the eastern side of the site was designed by Francis Johnston in...

28 September 2009

1828 – Church of Ireland, Belturbet, Co. Cavan

Architect: On the highest point in the town, the Church of Ireland has a fine, if short, tower and spire. It was built on the site of an earlier church built between 1622...

08 October 2013

1828 – Governor Walker’s Monument, Derry

Architect: John Henry The former Walker’s Pillar was a memorial to Rev. George Walker, the rector of Donaghmore, Co. Tyrone, who came to Derry prior to the Siege of 1688-89. He was quickly...

13 February 2015

1828 – Presbyterian Meetinghouse, May Street, Belfast

Architect: William Smith Described in The Dublin Penny Journal, Views in Belfast (1833), as “Is raised on framed foundations. The front is of modern or Scammozzian Ionic, having two columns and four pilasters,...

28 November 2012

1829 – Drum Manor, Kildress, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William Hastings Rebuilt in 1829 by Major Richardson Brady in a heavily symmetrical and very flat “Regency Baronial” style. Later extended and romanticised by William Hastings who added a four storey tower,...


Skip to toolbar