Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Ulster

13 August 2013

1876 – Carlisle Memorial Methodist Church, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: W.H. Lynn Designed in the Gothic Revival style by noted architect W.H. Lynn and completed in 1876, the church was home to one of the largest Methodist congregations in Belfast. The church...

23 May 2014

1876 – Catholic Hall, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

Architect: Timothy Hevey “This building, of which we gave exterior and interior views with last number, has been erected in Letterkenny, County Donegal, to supply a want long experiences, as heretofore there was...

03 April 2013

1876 – Great Northern Hotel, Rostrevor, Co. Down

Architect: William J. Watson A large hotel facing Carlingford Lough, with a main frontage of almost 150 feet broken into a central block and two lower wings. Alongside the hotel were the Temperance...

14 April 2014

1876 – Killynether House, Comber, Co. Down

Architect: Henry Chappell Constructed as part of the Marquis of Londonderry’s estate and extended and remodelled in the early 1870s. Demolished in the 1960s by the National Trust after being used as a...

19 March 2014

1876 – Presbyterian Church, Donemana, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William McElwee Still in use today, this is a fine Presbyterian chirch finished in local limestone on a slightly elevated site above streetlevel. “Donemana, where this church is being built , is...

17 September 2009

1876 – Rossmore Mausoleum, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: E.J. Tarver The Rossmore Mausoleum was designed by E.J. Tarver for the 4th Baron Rossmore who died after a hunting accident at Windsor Castle in 1874 aged 23. Built on a rocky...

30 September 2009

1876 – Rossmore Memorial, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: E.J. Tarver The Rossmore Memorial in the Diamond was possibly designed by E.J. Tarver as a memorial to the 4th Baron Rossmore who died after a hunting accident at Windsor Castle in...

19 March 2014

1876 – St. Mary’s Church, Broughderg, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William McElwee Closed in the 1980s and replaced by a modern church nearby. Now semi-derelict. “This church us being built in a mountain district of the extensive parish of Lower Badmey, county...

07 May 2014

1876 – St. Patrick’s Convent of Mercy, Downpatrick, Co. Down

Architect: Mortimer H. Thomson “The subject of our illustration with present No. is the Convent of Mercy lately erected at Mount St. Patrick, Downpatrick. The material used is the local blue stone in...


Skip to toolbar