Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Ulster

02 March 2014

1887 – Ballynafeigh Orange Hall, Ormeau Rd., Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Batt William Batt had designed several other Orange Halls including the Orange Hall in Clifton Street, were he was a member of Eldon L.O.L. No 7. Watt and the hall committee...

24 September 2009

1887 – Derry Guildhall

Architect: J.C. Ferguson / M.A. Robinson The Guildhall was originally built in 1887 by The Honourable The Irish Society at a cost of £19,000.00 and was officially opened in July 1890. Originally designed...

03 May 2010

1887 – McArthur Hall, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Built as boarding hall for Methodist College, Belfast. Published in The Building News, October 7th 1887. Ceased to be used as boarding facilities in 2010 and converted to...

16 April 2010

1887 – Northern Bank, Royal Avenue, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: John Lanyon No longer a bank, this fine building was constructed in Dungannon Sandstone with polished granite details including columns. As well as the usual accommodation for the bank branch manager, the...

12 June 2014

1887 – Presbyterian Church, Windsor, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A fine Victorian Gothic church on a elevated site, that is still in use today by its congregation. A later school was erected in the 1880s and connected to...

09 April 2014

1887 – Railway Station, Aughnacloy, Co. Tyrone

Aughnacloy was the head office of the Clogher Valley Railway and is the most substantial building on the line. The Clogher Valley was a 37 mile long, narrow gauge railway, opened in January...

21 June 2010

1887 – St Columb’s Hall, Richmond Street, Derry

Architect: Crome & Toye Front Perspective View, ground & 1st.floor plans as published in The Building News, July 1st 1887. The architects Crome and Toye used a mixture of Italianate and Gothic styles...

02 October 2014

1887 – Trinity Presbyterian Church, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Built to replace an older Church which had been erected about 1770. This older Church was known as 2nd Bailieborough and is now demolished with just the graveyard remaining. The new church was...

24 September 2009

1888 – Belfast Central Library

Architect: W.H. Lynn Designed by W.H. Lynn after an architectural competition held in 1882, the building was completed in 1888. A monumental red sandstone building, the Library has a fine central domed reading...