Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Tyrone

10 April 2013

1812 – Garvey House, Aughnacloy, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Francis Johnston A large three-storey, seven-bay house, for local MP, Nathaniel Montgomery Moore. The house was named after his mother’s maiden name. Ultimately the cost was said to have been £70,000, which...

28 November 2012

1829 – Drum Manor, Kildress, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William Hastings Rebuilt in 1829 by Major Richardson Brady in a heavily symmetrical and very flat “Regency Baronial” style. Later extended and romanticised by William Hastings who added a four storey tower,...

28 November 2010

1840 – Northland House, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone

Northland House was a three-storey, irregular classical mansion, dating in its final form from around 1840. Also known at times as Northland Park and Dungannon Park. Robert Woodgate is believed to have designed...

19 July 2012

1842 – Roxborough Castle, Moy, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William Murray / William Barre Seat of the Earls of Charlemont, and originally built in the 18th Century but heavily remodeled by the second Earl in 1842, his architect being William Murray....

28 November 2010

1860 – Aughentaine Castle, Fivemiletown, Co. Tyrone

Aughentaine Castle consisted of a two-storey main block and a lower two-storey wing, with two tall Italianate campaniles of equal height, one at each end. There was an open porch; two-light and three-light...

02 May 2014

1862 – Seskinore House, Fintona, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Boyd & Batt The house was heavily remodelled and extended for George Perry McClintock. in 1862 to a design by Derry and Belfast-based architects Boyd & Batt. Demolished in the early 1950s.

28 November 2012

1865 – Trinity Church and School, Coalisland, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Welland & Gillespie Church for the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, presumed by Welland & Gillespie, and consecrated in 1861. Exterior is brown basalt with sandstone trimming. The adjoining school is now demolished.

19 August 2013

1869 – Orange Hall, Omagh, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Louch & Wilmot Designed by architect Fitzgibbon Louch, of Derry. Louch had previously been based in Dublin, and later Belfast, before emigrating to Katikati, New Zealand in 1875. His most famous Irish...

01 December 2011

1871 – St. Patrick’s Church, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone

Architect: J.J. McCarthy Originally published in the journal The Builder, 4 March 1871. Illustration of building as planned by McCarthy.