Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


12 May 2015

1914 – C.R. Ashbee’s plans for Dublin

Architect: C.R. Ashbee & G.H. Chettle Plans entered in the Dublin Town Planning Competition of 1914. Highly recommended but the competition was won by Patrick Abercrombie. Conceptualised before the events of 1916 which...

11 May 2015

1923 – John Player Factory, Botanic Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: Hepworth & Rayson Former cigarette factory for John Player Ltd., designed by an English architectural partnership of Hepworth & Rayson. Later extended by Ashworth & Smith.

10 May 2015

1737 – Mount Ievers Court, Sixmilebridge, Co. Clare

Architect: John Rothery Mount Ievers was built between 1733 and 1737 for Henry Ievers to the design of John Rothery a local architect. Rothery’s son Isaac completed the work after his death in...

10 May 2015

1929 -“ Montague Burton Buildings, Cornmarket, Belfast

Architect: W.R. Priddle Built in 1929 and formerly occupied by Burtons and Woolworths, and now Dunnes Stores. Officially it is “Montague Burton Buildings. Priddle was a London-based architect who worked for Woolworths, his...

09 May 2015

1901 – The Empire Hotel, Buxton, Derbyshire

Architect: Bodley & Garner The Empire Hotel used as an annex to the Granville Military Hospital during the First World War and as a discharge depot for Canadian troops after the second. Later...

06 May 2015

1943 – Former Munster & Leinster Bank, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon Former branch of the Munster & Leinster Bank, later a part of Allied Irish Banks. McDonnell & Dixon were very much the house architects for the Munster & Leinster...

23 April 2015

1660s – Eyrecourt Castle, Co. Galway

Eyrecourt was built by Colonel John Eyre around 1660. Eyre had arrived in Ireland during the Cromwellian Wars and was granted large tracts of land in East Galway for his service to Cromwell....

20 April 2015

1868 – Christian Brothers School, King St., Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin The foundation stone was laid April 19th 1867, with the school opening on March 28th 1868. Designed by George C. Ashlin of Pugin & Ashlin, and later extended to...

17 April 2015

1746 – Port Hall, Lifford, Co. Donegal

Architect: Michael Priestly Built in 1746 for John Vaughan of Buncrana Castle, to designs believed to be by Michael Priestly who also built Lifford Courthouse. Door surmounted by the arms of George II.

Skip to toolbar