Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

17 August 2015

1777 – Drumcar House, Co. Louth

Built in 1777, it stayed with the McClintock family until the 1940s. In 1948, it became St. Mary’s Hospital, a hospital for the mentally ill, and later a Saint John of God hospital....

17 August 2015

1879 – Kelly Monument, Roden Place, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Robert McArdle Constructed in 1879 to commemorate aa marine tragedy of 1858. It has carved sandstone panels to the east and west consisting of anchor and bollard (west) and storm-tossed ship (east)....

17 August 2015

1911 – Consumptives Pavilion, Royal Hospital for Incurables, Donnybrook

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Winning design in an architectural competition to design a hospital building for Consumptives at the Royal Hospital for Incurables in Dublin. Kaye-Parry & Ross carried out other alterations to...

12 August 2015

1885 – Fortwilliam Park Presbyterian Church, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Henry Chappell In June 1880, architects were invited to submit plans in a competition with prizes of £30 for the winner and £10 for the runner up. The plan was for a...

31 July 2015

1973 – Office Tower, Pearse Station, Dublin

A proposal by CIÉ, in association with the Irish Life Assurance Company, for an office block at Pearse Station. The planned structure was be 8 storeys above ground and 5 storeys above platform...

29 July 2015

1879 – Presbyterian Memorial Secession Church Buildings, Botanic Ave., Belfast

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A three bay church in rough sandstone constructed between 1877-79, it became the Kingham Mission for the Deaf in 1899. Now only a retained facade as the site was...

29 July 2015

1869 – St. Malachy’s Diocesan Seminary, Belfast

Architect: John O’Neill Constructed on the former Vicinage Park, just north of Belfast city centre. Constructed both as a school and a diocesan seminary, a model followed by many dioceses across Ireland. St....

28 July 2015

1869 – High Altar, Lattin, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Earley & Powells “The altar and reredos, illustrated in our present number, are made in Caen stone, Irish and Italian marbles. The altar-table is one slab of Sicilian marble, supported by Galway...

28 July 2015

1879 – Our Lady of the Assumption, Magherafelt, Co. Derry

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne Large French Gothic style church with triple recessed pointed arch doorway and tall three stage tower. “The church, which we illustrate in this issue, is in course of erection...


Skip to toolbar