Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

07 July 2015

1901 – Second placed design for Hereford Municipal Buildings

Architect: W.J. Morley & Son Second placed design in architectural competition to design a new municipal building for Hereford. “Forty-six designs were sent in by architects for the proposed new municipal buildings at...

07 July 2015

1858 – Design for St. Paul’s Church, Yorkville, Toronto

Architect: G.K. & E. Radford Successful entrant in architectural competition to design a new Anglican church. Designed by brothers Edward and George Kent Radford, construction began in 1858 on what was described by...

06 July 2015

1866 – Colonial Buildings & Galway Royal Institution, Galway

Architect: E.H. Carson “The subject of our notice is the Colonial Buildings in Galway (an engraving of which appears in our publication of this day), which have recently been completed, from designs by...

06 July 2015

1866 – House, Glenties, Co. Donegal

Architect: Timothy Hevey Never constructed on the site intended for it, opposite the old church of St. Conall on which Hevey also worked. “Our illustration with this No., is of a house to...

06 July 2015

1866 – Arnott’s Warehouse, Bridge St., Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson & Sons Destroyed during the 1941 Belfast Blitz along with its later extension of 1899 on the corner with High Street. Arnott & Co. rebuilt their department store after the...

06 July 2015

1865 – Design for Albert Memorial Clock, Belfast

Architect: Raffles Brown “The illustration in this number is a design sent in to the recent Albert Memorial Competition in Belfast, by Raffles Brown, which, although not one of those which came to...

04 July 2015

1917 – St. Cartha’s Church, Kilcar, Co. Donegal

Architect: Rudolph Maximilian Butler Published in The Builder, January 5 1917.

04 July 2015

1860 – Church of St. Baithen, St. Johnstown, Co. Donegal

Architect: E.W. Godwin A small severe-looking church, the interior of which has sadly been ruined by modernisation. Exterior finished in rubble stone with sandstone trimmings. Constructed between 1857-60. In 1860 “The Dublin Builder”...

03 July 2015

1898 – Proposed Additions to St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew “The addition which are now contemplated are not without some connexion with its original scheme, uncompleted since its first design in the thirteenth century.” Designed by Sir Thomas Drew...