Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


02 November 2009

1881 – Mission Church, Algernon Rd., Lewisham, London

Architect: James Brooks “This church is now in course of erection in the Algernon-road, Lewisham, from the designs of Mr. James Brooks, architect. The drawing from which our plate is taken is shown...

02 November 2009

1881 – St. Cuthbert’s New Church, Ushaw, Durham

Architects: Dunn & Hansom Ushaw College (St Cuthbert’s College, Ushaw) is a Roman Catholic seminary, founded at Douai as the English College, Douai in France in 1568, which moved to Ushaw Moor, four...

01 November 2009

1879 – Church of Our Lady, Torquay, Devon

Architect: Joseph Hansom & Son

01 November 2009

1881 – New Infirmary, Cardiff

Architect: James, Seward & Thomas “This building is intended to replace an existing structure erected for a similar purpose about 35 years ago by the munificence of Mr. Daniel Jones, of Beaupre. The...

30 October 2009

1992 – Apparition Chapel, Knock, Mayo

Architect: A & D Wejchert The Apparition Chapel is designed to seat 150 people and to house the tableau depicting the apparition of Our Lady at Knock on 21st August 1879.

30 October 2009

1989 – Reconciliation Chapel, Knock, Co. Mayo

Architect: de Blacam & Meagher The Chapel of Reconciliation was the award winning entry of an architectural competition held in the autumn of 1989. The client’s brief required “that the new chapel must...

30 October 2009

1886 – Two Houses, Handsworth Wood, Birmingham

Architect: John P. Osbourne

30 October 2009

1888 – Business Premises, Southport, Lancashire

Architect: Hurst & Bolshaw

26 October 2009

1881 – Whyte Melville Memorial Fountain, St. Andrews, Scotland

Architect: Robert W. Edis Sculpture by Thomas Earp, medallions by J.E. Boehm 1880. Public fountain, memorial to Major George Whyte Melville (1821-78), soldier and novelist. Of Red Dumfriesshire ashlar with Dalbeattie granite. Circular...