Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

25 September 2009

1776 – Derrymore House, Bessbrook, Co. Armagh

Architect: John Sutherland A late 18th century thatched house in a gentrified style, Derrymore House is owned by the National Trust and open to the public. John Sutherland was responsible for laying out...

25 September 2009

1967 – St. Aengus’ Church, Burt, Co. Donegal

Architect: Liam McCormick The eminent Donegal architect Liam McCormick designed St. Aengus’ Church or “˜Burt Chapel’ as it is locally known during the period of 1964-67. McCormick’s distinct ability to read a site...

25 September 2009

2007 – Regional Cultural Centre, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

Architect: MacGabhann Architects

25 September 2009

1785 – Temple of the Winds, Newtownards, Co. Down

Architect: James Stuart The Temple of the Winds, James “˜Athenian’ Stuart’s banqueting hall of 1785, overlooks Strangford Lough. It had small viewing balconies, instead of porticos, to take advantage of views. The interior...

25 September 2009

1840 – Mount Stewart House, Co. Down

Architect: George Dance / William Vitruvius Morrison Between 1804 and 1806, the London architect George Dance was employed by Alexander Stewart, later first Marquess of Londonderry, to design what is now the west...

25 September 2009

1966 – Church of Our Lady of the Assumption, Newcastle, Co. Down

Our Lady of the Assumption Church was first opened on 12th June 1966. The church is reputed to be the first circular church in Ireland and is now a listed building as ‘an...

25 September 2009

1898 – Slieve Donard Hotel, Newcastle, Co. Down

Architect: James J. Farrall, Young & Mackenzie The result of an architectural competition held by the Belfast & Co. Down Railway Co. in 1895, and adjudicated by Alfred Waterhouse. The competition was won...

24 September 2009

1873 – St. Eugene’s Cathedral, Derry

Architect: J.J. McCarthy

24 September 2009

1887 – Derry Guildhall

Architect: J.C. Ferguson / M.A. Robinson The Guildhall was originally built in 1887 by The Honourable The Irish Society at a cost of £19,000.00 and was officially opened in July 1890. Originally designed...


Skip to toolbar