Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

24 September 2009

1844 – Saint Malachy’s Church, Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson Originally Saint Malachy’s was intended to be the Cathedral Church of the Diocese of Down and Connor and was to seat 7,000 worshippers but in the time when the Great...

24 September 2009

1850 – The Grange, Ramsgate, Kent

Architect: Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin It was at The Grange that Pugin produced much of his finest work, sitting in his library high on the chalk cliffs overlooking the Goodwin Sands and working...

24 September 2009

1879 – Library & Museum, Ipswich, Suffolk

Architect: Horace Cheston A replacement building for the town museum which is built in a 17th Century style, was the result of a design competition, won by Horace Cheston. Perspective View & Elevations...

23 September 2009

1880 – Cemetery Chapel, Tavistock, Devon

Architect: Henry Clutton The ‘New’ cemetery was given to the people of Tavistock by the 9th Duke of Bedford, and was opened in 1882. It is situated on the outskirts of this ancient...

23 September 2009

1879 – Firth College, School Board Offices & Central Schools, Sheffield, Yorkshire

Architect: Flockton & Abbott / Edward Robert Robson Perspective view and ground plan published in The Building News, October 17th 1879. “But the principal schools, indeed, we may say the chief work now...

23 September 2009

1881 – High Altar, Catholic Church, Havant, Hampshire

Architect: Herbert Gribble “This design was made some few years since for St. Joseph Catholic Church, Havant. The drawing calls for very few remarks, but the principal item in the conditions was that...

23 September 2009

1879 – University College, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Coleman & Willcox Design Submitted by Stuart Coleman & William J. Willcox, and published in The Building News, May 23rd 1879. “The two-story building consists of a broad central corridor, with the...

23 September 2009

1880 – ‘Hazelhurst’, Ore, Hastings, Sussex

Architect: W. Hay Murray Designed as the Residence of H.S. Marriott. “Tms house, as it now stands, is the combined production of five or six architects, the original building having been added to...

23 September 2009

1880 – Palace Hotel & Hydropathic Establishment, Southport, Lancashire

Architect: Mangnall & Littlewood Developed by the Southport Hotel Company (funded mainly by Manchester merchants), the Birkdale Palace Hotel was built on a 20 acre site fronting the Birkdale shore. The 200ft long...


Skip to toolbar