Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

17 September 2009

1883 – Mineral Water Manufactory, William Street South, Belfast

Architect: Robert Watt Former Ross’s mineral water factory, Belfast Using its own artesian well, Ross’s produced mineral waters at William Street South for almost 100 years until the mid 1970’s. The premises lay...

17 September 2009

1879 – Warehouse, Donegall Place, Belfast

Architect: Robert Watt Largely built as illustrated in elaborate stucco at 7-9 Donegall Place, the building no longer has the ornamental pediment, but otherwise is in fairly good condition. Built for Messrs. Lindsay...

17 September 2009

1879 – Warehouse, Tomb Street, Belfast

Architect: Robert Watt Perspective view including block plan for Messrs. Mitchell & Co. Published in The Building News, February 10th 1878.

17 September 2009

1860 – St. Feithlim’s, Kilmore Cathedral, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Slater Work on the present cathedral began in 1858, and it was designed by the English architect William Slater. The porch was added to the Cathedral in 1869, from William Slater’s...

17 September 2009

1879 – Roman Catholic Church, Castleisland, Co. Kerry

Architect: Dominick J. Coakley Selected design from seven submitted. Tower and spire later, from 1901. Published in The Building News, November 14 1879: “This design was selected in a competition wherein seven architects...

17 September 2009

1888 – Maynooth College Chapel, Co. Kildare

Architect: J.J McCarthy / William Hague Started by 1875 by J.J. McCarthy, often called the Irish Pugin, and finished after his death and the death of his successor William Hague in 1905. Hague,...

17 September 2009

1881 – St. Brigid’s Church, Ardagh, Longford

Architect: William Hague Construction started in 1881 and was not completed until 1903 by Hague’s partner and successor T.F. McNamara. The interior was adorned with richly carved stonework and a fine high altar...

17 September 2009

1913 – St. Cronan’s Church, Balla, Co. Mayo

Architect: Doolin & Butler This church is considered as one of the best designed by R.M. Butler and was commissioned at the same time as his church in Newport which it resembles. The...

17 September 2009

1882 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Templemore, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed in 1877, this fine Gothic revival church by George Ashlin is largely intact inside. As published in The Building News, October 4th 1878. pened for celebration of mass in...