Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

17 September 2009

1888 – Maynooth College Chapel, Co. Kildare

Architect: J.J McCarthy / William Hague Started by 1875 by J.J. McCarthy, often called the Irish Pugin, and finished after his death and the death of his successor William Hague in 1905. Hague,...

17 September 2009

1881 – St. Brigid’s Church, Ardagh, Longford

Architect: William Hague Construction started in 1881 and was not completed until 1903 by Hague’s partner and successor T.F. McNamara. The interior was adorned with richly carved stonework and a fine high altar...

17 September 2009

1913 – St. Cronan’s Church, Balla, Co. Mayo

Architect: Doolin & Butler This church is considered as one of the best designed by R.M. Butler and was commissioned at the same time as his church in Newport which it resembles. The...

17 September 2009

1882 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Templemore, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed in 1877, this fine Gothic revival church by George Ashlin is largely intact inside. As published in The Building News, October 4th 1878. pened for celebration of mass in...

17 September 2009

1877 – Mooresfort Chapel, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Unbuilt proposal for private chapel published in The Building News, December 7 1877.

17 September 2009

1876 – Tipperary Town Hall, Co. Tipperary

Architect: T.G. Jackson The only Irish work of Oxford-based architect Thomas Jackson, the former townhall is now refurbished as a local theatre after a period of neglect, and several fires. The interior was...

17 September 2009

1905 – Tullylagan House, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Hart & Waterhouse Published in The Building News, June 30th 1905. Described as “New arts & crafts style house about to be erected.” Never constructed.

17 September 2009

1885 – New Homestead, Clogher Park, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Richard Waite Designed for local landowner T.S. Porter esq., published in The Building News, August 28th 1885. Clogher Park was formerly Clogher Palace, the residence of the Church of Ireland bishops of...

17 September 2009

1878 – Dominican Convent, Wicklow, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Hague