Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

17 September 2009

1913 – Dublin Municipal Offices Competition

Architect: McDonnell & Reid, Frederick G. Hicks, O’Callaghan & Webb The placed entries in a competition to design new offices for the then Dublin Corporation on Lord Edward Street, close to City Hall....

17 September 2009

1879 – Dun Laoghaire Town Hall, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson Now part of the larger DĂșn Laoghaire-Rathdown County Offices, the former Town Hall and Market House was a multipurpose building containing a Courthouse, trade and administration facilities for the...

17 September 2009

1898 – St. Marnocks, Co. Dublin

Architect: Sir Robert Lorimer Originally a Georgian house which was remodelled and extended by the Jameson family (of the distillary). Due to the family’s Scottish origins, the commission was given to Sir Robert...

17 September 2009

1922 – Government Buildings, Merrion Street, Dublin

Architect: Aston Webb One of the most visually impressive of Dublin’s buildings and the butt of many pointed comments after its recent expensive restoration and refurbishment as Government Office, the building was constructed...

17 September 2009

1884 – National Museum & Library, Kildare St., Dublin

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Designed as part of the same scheme as the National Library, the building has recently being undergoing complete restoration inside and out. The elevation to Kildare Street is...

17 September 2009

1910 – Queen’s University, Belfast

Architect: Henry Tanner Second placed scheme for buildings adjacent to the Lanyon Building of Queen’s.

17 September 2009

1903 – Ocean & Accident & Gaurantee Corporation, Belfast

Architect: Young & Mackenzie One of the great commercial buildings on Donegall Square and built between 1899-1902 in a Gothic Revival style. The building in red sandstone has a tall pinnacled corner tower...

17 September 2009

1905 – New Northern Spinning & Weaving Company, Spinning Mill, Belfast

Architect: Samuel Stevenson Architects Large six storey mill at the junction of Craig Street and Falls Road. Constructed of brick with stone dressings for the New Northern Spinning & Weaving Company. Craig Street...

17 September 2009

1903 – Royal Victoria Infirmary, Belfast

Architect: Henman & Cooper Drawings published in The Building News in 1901. Buildings completed by 1903. The range consisted of 17 wards off a connecting corridor – all the wards were named after...