Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

17 September 2009

1900 – Nurses’ Home for Royal City of Dublin Hospital

Architect: Albert E. Murray Designed as the nurses’ home for Royal City of Dublin Hospital on nearby Baggot Street, this is now a hotel. “This is being erected in St. Mary’s-road, the recreation...

17 September 2009

1880 – Design for O’Brien Institute, Marino, Clontarf

Architect: John L. Robinson Now known as the O’Brien Institute, this building was to serve as an orphan home and school, financed by a trust that was founded by Bridget O’Brien in 1876....

17 September 2009

1881 – Drawing Room, Blackheath, Contarf

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Interior view including ground plan & key. Published in The Building News, March 4th 1881. “This sketch gives the interior of a ball-room, which forms part of additions to...

17 September 2009

1885 – St. Saviour’s Dominican Convent, Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson Adjacent to the fine St Saviour’s Church by J.J McCarthy is the monastery designed by John Loftus Robinson in 1885 from the funds that was originally intended to add...

17 September 2009

1888 – Floating Swimming Baths, Kingstown, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry Proposal for a floating swimming baths for Dun Laoghaire harbour.

17 September 2009

1910 – Bridge Gallery of Modern Art, Dublin

Architect: Horace T. O’Rourke Sketch design by the city architect Horace T. O’Rourke for a new gallery on a bridge in the River Liffey.

17 September 2009

1911 – Hick’s Tower, Dublin

Architect: Frederick G. Hicks

17 September 2009

1891 – The Dublin Working Boy’s Home, Lord Edward Street, Dublin

Architect: Albert E. Murray Designed by Albert E. Murray, this former Boy’s Home is now a backpackers hostel and still well maintained. The original aims of the charity were to “afford comfortable and...

17 September 2009

1913 – Dublin Municipal Offices Competition

Architect: McDonnell & Reid, Frederick G. Hicks, O’Callaghan & Webb The placed entries in a competition to design new offices for the then Dublin Corporation on Lord Edward Street, close to City Hall....