Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

13 August 2009

1884 – Knox Presbyterian Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Balston C. Kenway Built in the boom years of the early 1880s, the cost of this new church, with the site, was $60,000; it was opened for services on 17 August 1884....

13 August 2009

1901 – J.B. Somerset School, Winnipeg

Architect: J.B. Mitchell Another fine school design by J.B. Mitchell, who must surely be one of the most demolished Winnipeg architects. An impressive building of three storeys in brick brick with an entry...

13 August 2009

1914 – Tribune Building, Smith St., Winnipeg

Architect: John D. Atchison In 1914 a new building for the Winnipeg Tribune newspaper company was designed by leading local architect John D. Atchison. Unusually for the time, it was decorated with 14...

13 August 2009

1908 – Business Premises, The Side, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: W.H. Knowles

13 August 2009

1879 – Municipal & School Board Offices, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: George Corson “The School Board offices adjoin the municipal offices, and are similar in style but not so lofty. There is a rusticated basement and one story of the Corinthian order, -with...

13 August 2009

1877 – New Public Offices, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: George Corson Selected design after a limited competition, published in The Builder, October 6th 1877.

13 August 2009

1888 – Streatley View, Goring, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Ravenscroft

13 August 2009

1881 – Château de Chantilly, Oise, France

Architect: Honoré Daumet The Château de Chantilly comprises two attached buildings; the Grand Château and the Petit Château which was built around 1560 for Anne de Montmorency. The Grand Château was destroyed in...

13 August 2009

1883 – 54 Finsbury Pavement, Islington, London

Architect: Edwin T. Hall Edwin Thomas Hall was born in 1851, the son of George Hall, and commenced independent practice in London in 1876. His brother George Alfred Hall (1859) also became an...