Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Buildings

04 May 2008

1887 – Greek Orthodox Church, Arbour Hill, Dublin

Architect: George Smith A former National School, the small building is now the home of the Greek Orthodox congregation in Dublin. An external mosaic icon has been added to a closed up window,...

04 May 2008

1851 – St. Michan’s Presbytery, Halston Street, Dublin

Architect: John Bourke A fine presbytery house sited next to its church. Now facing across the public park created on the site of Newgate Gaol. Shame about the nasty uPVC windows that have...

03 May 2008

1877 – Nos. 12-13 Cornmarket, Dublin

Architect: McCurdy & Mitchell Large stone-faced commercial building with a rather grim facade.

03 May 2008

1930 – Dunlop Building, Stephen St., Dublin

A fine building on a gently curving site with Art Deco detailing added as offices to existing factory. The single bay building with bay window marks the entrance to the main factory, which...

26 April 2008

1888 – No.54 Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Now rendered, the building was finished in brick and sanstone dressings upon completion. Designed for Kenny & Owens, merchant tailors, this must have been a fine store in its...

28 March 2008

1973 – River House, 21/25 Chancery Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick J. Sheahan & Partners Formerly the Motor Tax office, now empty, and possibly awaiting demolition. Abhorantly ugly development that was slated for demolition and redevelopment into an even more horrible building....

12 March 2008

2008 – McCauley Daye O’Connell proposal for VHI in Abbey Street

Architect: McCauley Daye O’Connell In 2004, VHI appointed McCauley Daye O’Connell to prepare a design to create a new high quality contemporary extension to its existing VHI Headquarters which incorporated Scot’s Church and...

18 February 2008

1974 – Bantry Library, Co. Cork

Architect: Patrick McSweeney Bantry Library was originally designed in 1962 by the Cork County Council architect Patrick McSweeney. While not an official project of the council at that time, McSweeney’s enthusiasm for the...

30 December 2007

1953 – Busáras, Store St., Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott Busáras is one of the first post Second World War examples of the International Modern style in Europe. Busáras was designed by Michael Scott and his team of young architects...

18 November 2007

1842 – Sorrento Terrace, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Architect: Located on the easternmost end of Dalkey’s heritage village overlooking Killiney Bay, the row of eight four-storey houses with wraparound sea views has traditionally been an oasis of professional class anonymity. These...