Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Edinburgh

02 September 2009

1852 – Bank of Scotland, St. Andrew Square, Edinburgh

Architect: David Bryce Formerly the British Linen Bank but now a branch of the Bank of Scotland, this sumptuous branch is at 38-39 St Andrew Square. The elaborate facade features an order or...

02 September 2009

1858 – Palm House – Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh

Architect: Robert Matheson A magnificent Victorian Palm House with wonderful masonry topped by a graceful ironwork roof, the Palm House reopened in 2002 after a lengthy restoration.

09 June 2009

1860 – Cockburn Street, Edinburgh

Architect: Peddie & Kinnear

09 June 2009

1860 – House at Murchiston Park, Edinburgh

09 June 2009

1860 – National Security Savings Bank, Edinburgh

Architect: David Cousin

10 January 2014

1861 – Congregational Church, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh

Architect: J.W & J. Hay “Our readers will recollect an engraving which lately appeared in our paper, of Dr. Alexander’s Church, built on George IV. Bridge, Edinburgh, the building was opened on the...

02 September 2009

1861 – Royal Museum, Edinburgh

Architect: Captain Francis Fowke Forming the major part of the National Museums of Scotland, the Royal Museum is located in Chambers Street and was designed by Captain Francis Fowke, of the Royal Engineers....

06 May 2014

1871 – Seaside Pier, Portobello, Edinburgh

Architect: Thomas Bouch A promenade pier, 1250 feet long, with, at the seaward end, a substantial pierhead surmounted by an imposing pavilion with restaurant, bar and bandstand. The new pier was the first...

09 June 2009

1872 – St. Mary’s Cathedral, Edinburgh

Architect: Alexender Ross Unsuccesful design in competition to design new episcopalian cathedral for Edinburgh.

Skip to toolbar