Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Glasgow

16 June 2009

1895 – Scottish Temperance League, Glasgow

Architect: J. Salmon & Son

19 January 2014

1896 – Corn Exchange, Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: W.F. McGibbon Demolished to make way for an office building in the 1960s, itself demolished in 2008.

12 February 2014

1896 – St. Enoch Subway Station, Glasgow

Architect:James Miller The Subway’s most distinctive building – an ornate, Jacobean, late Victorian red sandstone structure; designed by James Miller in 1896. Originally housed both a booking office and the headquarters of the...

10 January 2012

1897 – Bonded Warehouse, 44 Washington St., Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: A.V. Gardner Built between 1896 and 1907 and at that time was claimed to be the biggest bonded warehouse in the world. It is actually two buildings by different architects. The north...

29 January 2012

1898 – Britannia Assurance Building, 166 Buchanan St., Glasgow

Architect: John A. Campbell Eccentric Victorian office building. Also known as British Workman’s and General Assurance Company

07 April 2014

1898 – Designs for Springburn Hall, Glasgow

Architect: William B.Whitie, Watson & Salmond, Thomson & Sandilands The Springburn Hall was a gift to the community from the Reid family of Neilson, Reid and Company. Constructed after an architectural competition. Designed...

09 January 2014

1898 – Norwich Union Chambers, 128 Hope St., Glasgow

Architect: John Hutchison A fine Victorian commercial building on a prominent corner site, constructed in red sandstone. Grade B listed.

18 November 2009

1898 – Premises, Renfield Street & West Regent Street, Glasgow

Architect: Frank Burnett & Boston

08 April 2011

1899 – Baltic Chambers, Glasgow

Architect: Duncan McNaughton Baltic Chambers comprises a substantial B listed red sandstone building extending over the basement, ground and five upper floors, surmounted by a pitched, tiled roof. “This block of buildings has...