Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Glasgow

16 June 2009

1899 – Pettigrew & Stephens Department Store, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow

Architect: Honeyman & Keppie Pettigrew & Stephens was a leading Glasgow department store that was founded in 1888 as Pettigrew & Stephens, later part of House of Fraser. The store sold a wide...

16 June 2009

1899 – Queens Cross Church, Glasgow

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh Queen’s Cross Church was started in 1896 by the Free Church of Scotland as St Mathew’s Church. It was designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, who was at that time...

16 June 2009

1899 – Ruchill Church Hall, Glasgow

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh Ruchill Church Hall, designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, was built as a mission for the Free Church of Scotland and completed in 1899. The building provides two halls, with...

16 June 2009

1901 – Design for Glasgow Royal Infirmary

Architect: A. Hessell Tiltman Design placed second in competition to design a new hospital for Glasgow.

16 June 2009

1901 – House for an Art Lover, Glasgow

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh The House for an Art Lover was designed in 1901 by Charles Rennie Mackintosh with his wife, Margaret MacDonald. The house was originally designed for a competition to produce...

16 June 2009

1901 – Royal Infirmary, Glasgow

Architect: H. Percy Adams Unbuilt entry in competition to design a new Royal Infirmary. A new building was eventually completed in 1914 to designs by James Miller. Published in The Building News, January...

12 January 2014

1901 – Design for Glasgow Royal Infirmary

Architect: Hippolyte J. Blanc Entry in architectural competition for a new hospital for Glasgow. The competition was won by James Miller.

16 June 2009

1903 – Govanhill Library, Glasgow

Architect: James R. Rhind

09 June 2009

1903 – Maryhill Library, Glasgow

Architect: James R. Rhind


Skip to toolbar