Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Glasgow

19 June 2009

1903 – Western District Hospital at Oakbank, Glasgow

Architect: Alex Cullen

16 June 2009

1903 – Willow Tea Rooms, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh In 1903, Mackintosh got the commision to design new tearooms in Sauchiehall Street in 1903. He had previously undertaken some interior design for the client Miss Cranston. For the...

19 January 2014

1904 – Warehouses for the City Improvement Trust, Nelson St., Glasgow

Architect: Thomson & Sandilands Not constructed as illustrated. “The site of this building was one of the many slum areas which the Improvements Trust of the City of Glasgow acquired for the purpose...

16 June 2009

1905 – St. Paul’s Church, Glasgow

Architect: John McIntyre

16 June 2009

1906 – House, Eglinton Drive, Giffnock, Glasgow

Architect: A.N. Prentice

28 September 2010

1906 – Public Library, Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: Thomas Gibbon Front perspective views including ground floor plans as published in The Building News, March 16th 1906

30 December 2009

1906 – The Mitchell Library, Glasgow

Architect: William B.Whitie The Mitchell Library was established with a bequest from Stephen Mitchell, a wealthy tobacco manufacturer, whose company, Stephen Mitchell and Son, would become one of the constituent members of the...

16 June 2009

1909 – Glasgow School of Art

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh The Glasgow School of Art campus is spread across 10 buildings, most of which are situated on Renfew Street in Garnethill. The Mackintosh Building, or ‘the Mac’ as it...

16 June 2009

1997 – SECC Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow

Architects: Foster + Partners Designed by award-winning architect Sir Norman Foster under a very-tight budget and often called “the armadillo” by Glaswegians, this 3,000 seater building was completed in 1997. The Glasgow SECC...


Skip to toolbar