Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Scotland

08 June 2009

1894 – House in Ayrshire

Architect: John C. McKellar

09 June 2009

1895 – Parish Church, Arbroath, Scotland

Architect: John Burnet & Son

16 June 2009

1895 – Scottish Temperance League, Glasgow

Architect: J. Salmon & Son

19 January 2014

1896 – Corn Exchange, Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: W.F. McGibbon Demolished to make way for an office building in the 1960s, itself demolished in 2008.

09 June 2009

1896 – North Bridge Street Reconstruction, Edinburgh

Architect: Gibson & Russell Second Premiated Design

09 June 2009

1896 – North Bridge Street Reconstruction, Edinburgh

Architect: Scott & Williamson First Premiated Design by J.N. Scott & J.A. Williamson

12 February 2014

1896 – St. Enoch Subway Station, Glasgow

Architect:James Miller The Subway’s most distinctive building – an ornate, Jacobean, late Victorian red sandstone structure; designed by James Miller in 1896. Originally housed both a booking office and the headquarters of the...

09 June 2009

1896 – Tenement, Castlebank Street, Partick, Scotland

Architect: Henry Mitchell Front Perspective View as published in The Building News, June 10th 1896.

10 January 2012

1897 – Bonded Warehouse, 44 Washington St., Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: A.V. Gardner Built between 1896 and 1907 and at that time was claimed to be the biggest bonded warehouse in the world. It is actually two buildings by different architects. The north...