Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Scotland

04 October 2010

1897 – Leng Memorial Chapel, St. Andrews, Scotland

Architect: Thomas Martin Cappon The Leng Memorial Chapel was constructed around 1895-97 on a dramatic hill-top site with magnificent views by Sir John Leng as a memorial to his first wife, Lady Leng....

23 January 2012

1897 – Municipal Lodging House for Men, Aberdeen, Scotland

Architect: Marshall & Dick Perspective view & plans published in The Building News, April 9th 1897. Marshall formed a partnership with Robert Burns Dick in 1895 and the year after they won the...

01 April 2014

1898 – Boarding House, Edinburgh Academy

Architect: Alexander X. Paterson “The two houses, one of which is illustrated, are being built by the Edinburgh Academy to provide boarding-houses in connection with the Academy school. They occupy an admirably open...

29 January 2012

1898 – Britannia Assurance Building, 166 Buchanan St., Glasgow

Architect: John A. Campbell Eccentric Victorian office building. Also known as British Workman’s and General Assurance Company

07 April 2014

1898 – Designs for Springburn Hall, Glasgow

Architect: William B.Whitie, Watson & Salmond, Thomson & Sandilands The Springburn Hall was a gift to the community from the Reid family of Neilson, Reid and Company. Constructed after an architectural competition. Designed...

15 June 2010

1898 – House, Hawick, Scotland

Architect: James P. Alison “This house is situated about three miles above the town, on the right bank of the River Stirling. The house, which stands considerably above the river, and commands fine...

09 June 2009

1898 – Mayfield & Morningside Free Churches, Edinburgh

Architect: Hippolyte J. Blanc

09 January 2014

1898 – Norwich Union Chambers, 128 Hope St., Glasgow

Architect: John Hutchison A fine Victorian commercial building on a prominent corner site, constructed in red sandstone. Grade B listed.

18 November 2009

1898 – Premises, Renfield Street & West Regent Street, Glasgow

Architect: Frank Burnett & Boston