Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Scotland

01 April 2014

1899 – General Accident Assurance Co, Perth, Scotland

Architect: George P.K. Young the General Accident and Employers’ Liability Assurance Association Ltd. was founded in Perth, Scotland in 1885. It became the General Accident Assurance Corporation Ltd. in 1891, and later through...

10 August 2010

1899 – House at Gullane, East Lothian, Scotland

Architect: Charles Hay Front Perspective View including Plan as published in The Building News, December 22nd 1899.

16 June 2009

1899 – Pettigrew & Stephens Department Store, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow

Architect: Honeyman & Keppie Pettigrew & Stephens was a leading Glasgow department store that was founded in 1888 as Pettigrew & Stephens, later part of House of Fraser. The store sold a wide...

16 June 2009

1899 – Queens Cross Church, Glasgow

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh Queen’s Cross Church was started in 1896 by the Free Church of Scotland as St Mathew’s Church. It was designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, who was at that time...

07 April 2014

1899 – Royal British Hotel, Princes St., Edinburgh

Architect: James Macintyre Henry Still a hotel today although much butchered at street level. “This building occupies a prominent site in Princes-street. The pilasters and trusses at the main entrance and the columns...

16 June 2009

1899 – Ruchill Church Hall, Glasgow

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh Ruchill Church Hall, designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, was built as a mission for the Free Church of Scotland and completed in 1899. The building provides two halls, with...

09 June 2009

1900 – Falkirk Public Library, Scotland

Architect: McArthy & Watson

18 June 2010

1900 – Larkfield House, Trinity, Edinburgh, Scotland

Architect: Hippolyte J. Blanc Perspective View with Plans as published in The Building News, August 17th 1900.

09 June 2009

1900 – St. Stephens Church, Craigie, Perth, Scotland

Architect: George P.K. Young General view & ground plan as published in The Builder News, January 12th 1900.


Skip to toolbar