Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Wales

08 June 2009

1906 – Municipal Buildings, Barry, Wales

Architect: Hutchinson & Payne In 1903 a competition was held for the design of a new block of offices for the Barry Urban District Council. The assessor for the competition was Mr T.E....

08 June 2009

1906 – New Schools, Tredegarville Baptist Church, Cardiff

Architect: W. Beddoe Rees

08 June 2009

1906 – Parish Church, Buckley, Wales

Architect: Douglas & Minhull

08 June 2009

1906 – Proposed House Near Fairwater, Cardiff

Architect: C.F.A. Voysey

08 June 2009

1906 – Seaview, Swansea, Wales

Architect: Harold Kennard

08 June 2009

1907 – Bangor Free Library, Wales

Architect: Dixon & Potter Opened in 1907 after an architectural competition in 1906. Funded with a grant from Andrew Carnegie who provided £2,500. There is a copper tablet in the library foyer commemorating...

09 June 2009

1909 – Cardiff University

Architect: W.D. Caroe Building work commenced in 1905 and was completed in many stages, the first in 1909, ending in the completion of the south wing in 1960. Architect W.D. Caroe sought to...

08 June 2009

1910 – National Museum of Wales, Cardiff

Architect: H.T. Hare Unbuilt design proposal for a new National Museum and Library for Wales. Construction of a new building in the civic complex of Cathays Park began in 1912, but owing to...

08 June 2009

1910 – Presbyterian Church, Abergavenny, Wales

Architect: J. Merton Jones


Skip to toolbar