Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Alberta

07 July 2012

1888 – Law Courts, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Thomas Fuller Former court house, demolished in 1958. Constructed on 4th St. South West in 1888.

01 August 2012

1890 – Alexander Corner, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Child & Wilson Architects Built opposite the Bank of Montreal which was designed by the same architects in a similar style. Demolished.

01 August 2012

1890 – The Bank of Montreal, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Child & Wilson Architects Child & Wilson was one of the first large practices in Alberta. Their successful practice was responsible for the design of many of the landmark buildings constructed of...

01 August 2012

1895 – Post Office, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Thomas Fuller Post office and Federal Office by Dominion architect Thomas Fuller on 8th Avenue. Demolished circa 1929.

01 August 2010

1904 – Canadian Bank of Commerce, Medicine Hat, Alberta

Architect: Darling & Pearson The construction of the stately bank building in Medicine Hat illustrated the Canadian Bank of Commerce’s confidence in the buoyant economy of south eastern Alberta during the great wave...

01 August 2010

1905 – City Hall, Medicine Hat, Alberta

Architect: William T. Williams

02 August 2011

1905 – Empire Block, Edmonton, Alberta

The Empire Block was constructed in 1905 by McDougall and Secord, Ltd. as an office and retail building. The upper floors were designed as offices, with the ground floor reserved for retail and...

01 May 2012

1905 – Merchants Bank of Canada, Wetaskiwin, Alberta

Architect: Hogle & Davis

01 July 2012

1906 – McDougall Block, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Francis Lawson Situated on the northeast corner of First street and Eighth avenue. Union Bank, the original main floor tenant, eventually purchased the building in 1916 and renamed it the Union Bank...