Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Saskatchewan

01 August 2012

1891 – Government House, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Thomas Fuller Government House was constructed between 1889-91 and was built on a grand scale as a result of the federal government’s desire to have an imposing symbol of its authority in...

02 August 2009

1905 – Bank of Montreal, Regina, Saskatchewan

Typical of many smaller bank branches from this time, with living accommodation above the commercial floor. Built to replace a building of 1897 that was destroyed by fire. Demolished in 1950.

06 August 2011

1905 – Federal Building, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan

Architect: David Ewart A Federal Building containing the Post Office, the Land Titles Office, Registry offie, and Court House.

01 August 2010

1908 – City Hall, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: William M. Dodd & E.C. Hopkins The old “gingerbread” 1908 City Hall on 11th Avenue between Rose and Hamilton Streets. Like its wooden predecessor, the buildinge was used for everything from lectures...

02 August 2011

1908 – Firehall No.1, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Fire Hall No.1 was located on the south west corner of 23rd Street and 4th Avenue, where the main branch of the Saskatoon Public Library now stand

01 August 2012

1910 – Land Titles Building, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Darling & Pearson The first public building commissioned by the new provincial government after the formation of the province. Designed by the prominent Toronto architectural firm of Darling and Pearson during their...

01 June 2012

1910 – Weyburn Security Bank, Weyburn, Saskatchewan

Architect: Long, Lamoureux & Long Head office of The Weyburn Security Bank, which was the only Saskatchewan chartered bank to operate. The bank functioned from 1910 until 1931, and had 32 branch offices...

06 August 2009

1911 – Walter Scott building, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond Constructed by the Moose Jaw Times Herald the building was the largest commercial office building in the province at the time of its completion in 1912. In keeping...

30 September 2009

1912 – Legislative Buildings, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: E. & W.S. Maxwell The Saskatchewan Legislative Building was built between 1908 and 1912 in the Beaux Arts style to a design by Edward and William Sutherland Maxwell of Montreal. The design...

Pages:123Next »