Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Calgary

07 July 2012

1888 – Law Courts, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Thomas Fuller Former court house, demolished in 1958. Constructed on 4th St. South West in 1888.

01 August 2012

1890 – Alexander Corner, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Child & Wilson Architects Built opposite the Bank of Montreal which was designed by the same architects in a similar style. Demolished.

01 August 2012

1890 – The Bank of Montreal, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Child & Wilson Architects Child & Wilson was one of the first large practices in Alberta. Their successful practice was responsible for the design of many of the landmark buildings constructed of...

01 August 2012

1895 – Post Office, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Thomas Fuller Post office and Federal Office by Dominion architect Thomas Fuller on 8th Avenue. Demolished circa 1929.

01 July 2012

1906 – McDougall Block, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Francis Lawson Situated on the northeast corner of First street and Eighth avenue. Union Bank, the original main floor tenant, eventually purchased the building in 1916 and renamed it the Union Bank...

01 August 2012

1907 – Land Titles Office, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Allan Merrick Jeffers Constructed in 1907-08 at a cost of $80,000, was designed to be a “strictly fireproof” structure. Built of Calgary sandstone backed with brick and concrete, the windows and doors...

01 August 2012

1910 – Grain Exchange, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Hodgson & Bates William Roper Hull, rancher, real estate speculator and founding member of the Calgary Grain Exchange, built this six-storey sandstone structure in 1910 to provide offices for the newly formed...

01 August 2011

1911 – City Hall, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: William M. Dodd & E.C. Hopkins Now dwarfed by the newer city hall sited next to it, currently used as the offices of the mayor and alderman, while the other functions of...

07 July 2012

1911 – CPR Department of Natural Resources, Calgary, Alberta

Canadian Pacific Railway Department of Natural Resources building which was on the south side of 9th Avenue east of Centre Street, beside the CPR station. The building occupied the site of what was...

Pages:123Next »