Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Ontario

11 December 2009

1873 – St Andrews Manse, Toronto, Ontario

A fine house next to St Andrews Presbyterian Church in a colonial style with a nice steep mansard roof, detailed dormer windows and rooftop decorative railing. Like many building across Eastern Canada, there...

26 January 2012

1873 – The Custom House, London, Ontario

Architect: William Robinson Designed by the architect William Robinson in a restrained Second Empire style. The building which opened in 1873 was demolished in the early 1970s. S

26 January 2012

1874 – International Order of Odd Fellows, London, Ontario

A commercial building containing the lodge of the International Order of Odd Fellows on the upper floors and a branch of A. & S. Nordheimer Co at street level. A. & S. Nordheimer...

26 January 2011

1875 – City Hospital, London, Ontario

The City Hospital, erected 1875, this building later formed the nucleus of the present Victoria Hospital. Before the erection of this building, the old military hospital on the barracks grounds was used as...

11 December 2009

1876 – St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: William G. Storm / S.G. Curry St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church is located on King St. at Simcoe. It was designed by architect George Storm (also known as William G. Storm) who also...

25 January 2011

1877 – Market Hall, Barrie, Ontario

The cornerstone for the original Market Square was laid in 1846. Says an account of the day “The cornerstone was laid and after some long speeches, the Royal Anthem was played. Then all...

10 December 2009

1877 – St Alban’s Anglican Church, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: Thomas Fuller Ottawa’s oldest surviving church building and was designed by Thomas Fuller, who also designed Canada’s original Parliament Buildings. However, the location of the church, meant that Fuller’s elaborate plans had...

29 November 2011

1877 – St Patrick’s Church, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: Joseph Connolly Joseph Connolly who was born in Limerick, received his training in the Dublin office of James Joseph McCarthy (1817-81). McCarthy specialized in work for the Roman Catholic Church, and was...

24 January 2014

1878 – Wentworth County Courthouse, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: Charles Mulligan The former Wentworth County Courthouse was one of the original buildings in Hamilton. The two acre site was donated by George Hamilton to build a courthouse and jail for the...