Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Toronto

01 October 2009

1895 – Grand Opera Hotel, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Henry Simpson

29 August 2013

1896 – Temple Building, Bay & Richmond Sts., Toronto

Architect: George Gouinlock The Temple Building at Bay and Richmond streets is regarded as one of the city’s first skyscrapers. Erected by the Independent Order of Foresters as their world headquarters. Toronto’s tallest...

30 September 2009

1900 – Manning Chambers, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: E.J. Lennox

11 December 2009

1905 – 197 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario

Architects: Darling & Pearson 197 Yonge Street was formerly a 4 floor Canadian Bank of Commerce building built in 1905 by architects Darling & Pearson and declared as a historical property by the...

11 December 2009

1905 – 205 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: E.J. Lennox Former branch of the Toronto Dominion Bank, which was bought by the city for an urban revitalisation project that never happened. This is a fabulous temple of banking with beautiful...

02 August 2010

1905 – Former Canadian Bank of Commerce, Queen Street East, Toronto

Architect: Darling & Pearson Dating from 1905, the former Canadian Bank of Commerce building at 744 Queen Street East has an especially attractive bowed facade.

11 December 2009

1908 – Union Building, 212 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Darling & Pearson This headquarters building was commissioned by the Canadian General Electric Company, which was founded in the late 19th century to manufacture and distribute electrical equipment during the period when...

26 January 2011

1909 – Former Public Library, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Alfred Chapman Formerly Toronto Public Library’s Central Reference Library, and now the Koffler Student Centre for the University of Toronto. When constructed it was Ontario’s largest Carnegie library. It remained the home...

11 December 2009

1910 – Former Bank of Montreal, Yonge St., Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Darling & Pearson Originally constructed 1909-10, with an addition on Queen Street in 1920. Interiors altered 2001-02.