Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Saskatchewan

01 April 2012

1912 – Public library, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond In 1910, after an approach from the city of Regina, Andrew Carnegie provided an initial grant of $30,000.00 for a new library building which was subsequently increased to...

06 August 2010

1913 – Holy Rosary Cathedral, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Joseph Fortin The building was designed by the Montréal architect J. Fortin and modelled after churches in northern France, for the then considerable sum of $135,000.

01 June 2012

1913 – Library, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Architect: Reid & McAlpine A fine library building still in use today. Funded through a debenture after the city applied to the Carnegie Foundation for funding, the amount which the Foundation was willing...

06 July 2012

1914 – Canada Life Building, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Brown & Vallance A fine white terra cotta facade with influences from the Chicago School, this office building was designed by Montreal architects Brown & Vallance. Still in use today, it is...

01 August 2011

1914 – City Hall, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Architect: David Ewart Constructed for the Dominion Government it served as a post office and housed other government agencies such as customs, and eventually, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. In 1963, the City...

06 August 2011

1914 – Sacred Heart Cathedral, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan

The Cathedral was designed in the Romanesque style, with buttresses to help to support the walls. The red brick church is accented with light Manitoba Tyndall stone. The niche in the apex of...

06 August 2011

1914 – Saskatchewan Revenue Building, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond A fine two-storey brick office block with glazed terracotta trim built in 1914. Originally known as the Saskatchewan Co-operative Elevator Building, one of the first major agricultural co-operatives...

06 April 2012

1921 – Central Fire Hall, Regina, Saskatchewan

Built to replace the original firehall for Regina.

02 August 2011

1928 – LCol D.V. Currie VC Armoury, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond The home of The Saskatchewan Dragoons, a unit of the Canadian Forces Primary Reserve. Smaller than some other Amrouries, it still has the Tudor Revival mock castellations and...