Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Bedfordshire

03 March 2013

1868 – Cemetary Chapels, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire

Architect: Ladds & Hooker THE designs for these chapels are by Messrs. J. Ladds and J.M. Hooker, and were selected in open competition from about twenty other sets sent in. The chapels, lodge,...

09 March 2013

1868 – Middle Class College, Bedford, Bedfordshire

Architect: Frederick Peck From The Building News: “THIS building is now being erected at Bedford. The college is arranged to accomodate 300 boys. It is a red brick building, with (stone dressings to...

09 March 2010

1869 – All Saints Church, Caldecote, Bedfordshire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield From The Architect and Contract Reporter, January 30 1869: This church (of which we give an interior perspective view, showing the chancel) has been erected from the designs and...

12 April 2012

1874 – Farm Buildings, Pertenhall, Bedfordshire

Architect: J.T. Bottle Perspective including vignette of ground plan for farm buildings on the estate of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. Designed by J.T. Bottle with offices in Falmouth & London. Published in The...

12 June 2009

1878 – St. Francis Home, Shefford, Bedfordshire

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Between 1868 and 1974 Shefford was the site of St Francis’ Boy’s Home (an orphanage) that was situated upon the High Street next to the Roman Catholic Church of St...

12 June 2009

1879 – Lunatic Asylum, Arlesley, Bedfordshire

Architect: G.F. Jones

12 June 2009

1880 – St. Francis Home, Shefford, Bedfordshire, England

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Between 1868 and 1974 Shefford was the site of St Francis’ Boy’s Home (an orphanage) that was situated upon the High Street next to the Roman Catholic Church of St...

06 May 2010

1895 – Country House at Bedford, Bedfordshire

Architect: Baillie Scott & Seton Morris Published in The Building News, August 30th 1895.

07 May 2010

1898 – Country House, Bedfordshire

Architect: George P. Allen “This country-house has been erected for Mr. W.U. Allen, J.P. for the county of Bedford. It is built of Weldon stone, and red local tile roof. The main feature...

Pages:12Next »