Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Essex

24 June 2010

1864 – Congregational Church, Barking, Essex

Architect: W.P. Poulton “The memorial stone of a new Congregational Church, wag laid on the 6th of last month, at Barking. Of this building we give an illustration. The geometrical character of Gothic...

15 July 2010

1870 – Church of St. Andrew, Plaistow, Essex

Architect:James Brooks Published in The Building News, November 25th 1870. The large stone building, designed by James Brooks, is in an Early English style with an apsidal chancel and large but uncompleted crossing...

01 May 2012

1870 – Church, Ford End, Great Waltham, Essex

Architect: Fred Chancellor The foundation stone of the Church, laid in 1870 refers to the older name, Fourth End, instead of Ford End. Unfortunately, this church had structural problems because it had been...

22 July 2010

1870 – St. Paul’s School, Stratford, Essex

Architect: Henry Ough “These schools are erected in the parish of St. Paul, Stratford, of which the Rev. G. P. Keosh is vicar. The parish contains upwards of 10 000 inhabitants, principally of...

10 August 2010

1870 – White Colne Church, Colchester, Essex

Architect: C.J. Moxon Before & after restoration as published in The Building News, July 1st, 1870

11 January 2012

1871 – Farm Homestead at Lawford Hall, Essex

Architect: W. Lewis Baker “These buildings were erected in the year 1871, for. M. Nichols, Esq., of Lawford Hall near Manningtree. The buildings and the two open yards shown on the plan attached...

24 June 2009

1872 – A Country Residence, Halstead, Essex

Architect: C.F. Hayward

24 June 2009

1872 – The Westwood Tomb, Little Horkesley, Essex

Architect: Habershon & Pite

24 June 2009

1873 – Coachmans Cottage, Chelmsford, Essex

Architect: Fred Chancellor Published in The Building News, August 22 1873: “One of our illustrations this week is a Lodge recently erected for J. Jolliffe Tufnell, Esq., at Langley’s-park, near Chelmsford. It is...