Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Norfolk

08 March 2013

1867 – Ideas competition for villas, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

Architect: J.S. Dodd From The Building News, July 5th 1867: “THE drawings which have been entered for this competition have been very properly exhibited to the public in the TownhaU at Great Yarmouth,...

23 April 2013

1873 – Taverham Hall, Norwich, Norfolk

Architect: David Brandon Taverham Hall is built on one of the oldest estates in Norfolk, and occupies the site of an old mansion of that name, which had fallen into such a dilapidated...

10 August 2009

1874 – Choir Stalls, St. Nicholas Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

Architect: John P. Seddon Published in The Building News, December 26 1873: “The double page of details and single page perspective illustrations given, are from the drawings exhibited by Mr. J.P. Seddon, in...

10 August 2009

1874 – Shooting Lodge, Sandringham, Norfolk

Architect: C.S. Beck Perspective view including ground plan from The Building News, July 24th 1874: “One of the view,s we give this week illustrates a Shooting Lodge for H.R.H. the Prince of Wales,...

08 March 2010

1875 – Aquarium & Winter Garden, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

Architect: Norton & Masey A monumental structure designed by John Norton and Philip E. Masey of London in 1875. The plan for the main part of the building showed a grand hall, 194...

10 August 2009

1875 – Grammar School, Trafalgar Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

Architect: T.J. Bottle Perspective view & plans published in The Building News, November 19th 1875.

04 November 2009

1875 – Schools, North Walsham, Norfolk

Architect: J.T. Bottle From The Architect, February 20, 1875: These schools have recently been completed, and afford accommodation for 450 children. The cost has been as follows:”ā€¯Schools, offices, fittings, &c., 2,7001.; master’s house,...

10 August 2009

1876 – Double Cottage at Wolferton, Norfolk

Architect: Charles S. Beck

10 August 2009

1876 – St. Peters Church, Repps cum Bastwick, Norfolk

Architect: W. Scott Champion Published as “about to be restored” in The Building News, November 3rd 1876.